Fellowship Denver Church began 13 years ago in the hearts of four friends and was plantedin Central Denver. Since that time, the church has seen steady growth with a congregation now of around 1,000 people. Fellowship Denver is a thriving, healthy church motivated by its mission to help people discover the original Jesus. This mission statement drives the church to exemplify its commitment to the historic faith and authority of the Bible while also working to include and disciple those who have no faith background or who are culturally distant from evangelical Christianity.
The church’s leadership is aligned around seeing a gospel movement that fills Denver with disciples of Jesus. They are passionate about equipping members to live out their faith in public, developing leaders, supporting church planting, and being a resource to other gospel work in the city. With this in mind, the church is embarking on a new season of multiplication, which will include: multiplying Fellowship Groups throughout its expanding geographic footprint, planting a second congregation in the North Metro area, and starting new ministries to develop people in under-resourced neighborhoods. The church’s generous giving has nearly doubled in the last year in anticipation of God’s work in this new season. They are also leaning into conversations about cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic diversity so that they can be used to see the gospel flourish in all parts of Denver.
They have an incredible job opening for a Lead Pastor who will be sent to plant a new congregation of Fellowship Denver in the North Metro region.
By any standard, Denver, Colorado is an attractive place to live. Surrounded by the Rocky Mountains, it is filled with seemingly endless outdoor sports opportunities and gorgeous scenery. As the most populous city in Colorado, Denver is a place for both families and solo adventurers alike and is surprisingly sunny throughout most of the year. Downtown offers world-class cultural attractions, craft breweries, awesome music venues and dining. However, for all of its glory, the majority of residents are either skeptical of organized religion or may profess faith but lack a clear understanding of Jesus with very little presence of gospel-centered churches.
The North Metro area, where the new congregation will be located, is about 25 minutes from Fellowship Denver’s current location and includes the communities of Wheat Ridge, Arvada, Westminster, Thornton and Broomfield. In addition to having their own active city-centers and open spaces, these communities are home to people who work in both Denver and Boulder.
The ideal candidate for Lead Pastor of North Metro is a catalytic leader and dynamic preacher. This person will:
• Join the teaching team (alongside the current lead and teaching pastors) during the preparation phase
• Have a “church planter” mindset and lead the core team through the normal phases of church planting – networking the area, casting vision, gathering people, forming a launch team, identifying locations, and developing gospel ministry that meets people in places of felt need
• Be the primary preaching and leadership voice for the new congregation
• Lead and work alongside the Pastor of Community and Mission for North Metro
• After launch, continue collaborating with the current Lead Pastor and executive team on preaching and advancing the mission
• Meet the elder requirements stated in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 2
• Be in full agreement with Fellowship Denver’s Statement of Essential Beliefs, Teaching Positions, and Ministry Values
• Proven excellence in preaching through many portions of the Bible
• Clear giftings in vision and ingenuity as a catalytic church planter or ministry starter
• At least 5 years of pastoral experience
• Master’s Degree preferred