Heritage Christian Fellowship is a thriving church that was planted 11 years ago in Southern Oregon. Since that time, Heritage has grown into a church of 750 people. They are a non-denominational, gospel-centered body of believers dedicated to making disciples of Jesus Christ and emphasizing teaching, mission, and community. Heritage is known in Medford for deep and impacting teaching that is full of contextual understanding and a big-picture emphasis to the Scripture, not teaching mere morals, but rightly proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ. This mission is currently being led by a passionate and cohesive staff leadership team who is committed to excellence, teamwork, and effectively carrying out Heritage’s purpose in the Rogue Valley.
Heritage Christian Fellowship is currently seeking to add a Lead Pastor to their staff team who is committed to faithfully preaching the gospel, developing leaders, shepherding people, and serving as the visionary leader for the church’s mission.
Heritage Christian Fellowship is located in Medford, Oregon nestled in the beautiful Rogue Valley. About 25 miles North of the California border, and 10 miles north of Ashland (the home of Southern Oregon University, and a center for the arts), Medford is the largest city in Southern Oregon and also the most diverse. Surrounded by mountains and rivers, and only hours from the coast and deserts, there is no shortage of outdoor activities in the area ranging from fishing, rafting, skiing, biking, and hiking. Although Medford is a growing city, it maintains a small-town feel while still boasting an international airport and easy access to all the west coast via the I-5 corridor. The city is largely unreached with the gospel as only 18% of the population claims to be evangelical protestants. However, Heritage enjoys great camaraderie with other gospel-centered churches in the valley and works in cooperation with many local ministries.
Heritage Fellowship Church is looking for a Lead Pastor with a heart for gospel-centered ministries to lead the church in their mission. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded pastor experienced in preaching, teaching, discipling, leading, mentoring, and pastoral care. Specific duties include:
• Be the primary preaching voice for gospel-centered, expository teaching
• Participate as an elder among a plurality of biblically qualified men to shepherd and oversee the body of believers
• Provide pastoral care to the broad leadership group
• Effectively lead and empower others towards goals
• Exercise continued self-education about Biblical and theological issues Represent the church in the larger community
• Develop and equip leaders including staff and elders
• Be in full agreement with Heritage Christian Fellowship’s Mission Statement, beliefs, teaching, and core values
• Meet the Biblical requirements for elders
• Clear and proven ability and gifting in expositional preaching
• Experienced manager of equal or larger size church
• Excellent time management skills
• Compassionate and approachable by all congregates
• Proven ability to exercise servant leadership
• Have academic Biblical training with one Biblical language
• Spiritually, relationally, and emotionally mature
• Master’s degree preferred
• 10+ years of ministry leadership experience