C3 Church Profile & Lead Pastor Job Description
Our Story: Christ Community Church (C3) was planted in January 2012 by about 150 people who desired to see a gospel-centered church on the west side of Houston. C3 exists to bring glory to God by making disciples through gospel-centered worship, teaching, community, and mission. Focused by these 3 values, we desire to see our people live by the Word of God in community with other believers who are on mission together.
What God has done at C3: Since our inception, C3 has grown from 150 to 700 people in 7 years. We have moved from a small ballroom in a hotel to a 3.5-acre property with 35,000 sq. ft. of ministry space which we own outright with no debt.
- $1.9 million operating budget; missions comprising 26% of budget
- 15 church staff; 18 community groups
- 200 children ages 0-10 in Sunday School and 60 kids in Student Ministry, with over 100 adult teachers
- Trained over 75 men for shepherding leadership; discipling countless men and women who are leading in ministry
- More than 25 families adopting children; we serve our neighborhood school
- Helped numerous church plants, mentor young planters, and have seen the Lord bring people to Christ each year
A Vision for the Future: We desire to see the worship of our God and teaching of God’s Word transform our people’s lives in the power of the Holy Spirit. We pray that we will see people increasingly investing deeply in each other’s lives through community groups and other ministry initiatives. We long for our church to plant another church in the Houston area and continue to reach people with the gospel in Houston and around the globe. We desire to see a revival in people’s hearts through prayer and repentance. Finally, we want the love of Christ to compel our body to share the gospel with the lost around them.
C3 Theological & Philosophical Distinctives: Our ministry distinctives include:
- Expository Preaching, Doctrines of Grace, Believers Baptism
- God-centered, relevant worship style
- Elder-led, Complementarian
- Commitment to developing community
- Missional, Church-planting (networked with Acts 29)
Candidates who apply should be able in good conscience to affirm and have a desire to serve in a church with these distinctives. Please consult our Doctrinal Statement, Teaching Statement, Membership Questionnaire, and Bylaws online at www.c3houston.org for more information.
Our Community: Our people value the God’s Word faithfully and excellently taught and desire to live life in a community of believers who are pursuing the Great Commission together. C3’s typical member is between 35-45 years old with 2-3 kids. However, the largest area of church growth in recent years is young adults and young married couples. Average attendance on a Sunday morning at is 650-675 people. Houston is known for its booming oil & gas industry as well as our world renown medical centers. C3 is on the west side of Houston, TX and is in the heart of the oil & gas energy corridor. Because of this, we attract many professionals in these thriving industries. The Greater Houston Metropolitan Area has excellent public and private school systems. Houston is the nation’s fourth-largest city and has the second most Fortune 500 companies in the U.S. Over 10,00 people per week move here for the thriving job market.
Job Title: Lead Pastor
Description: The Lead Pastor will be primarily responsible for the preaching ministry on Sunday mornings at C3. He will work alongside the Pastoral staff and serve as an elder on a team with vocational and non-vocational elders. The Lead Pastor will help champion C3’s vision and continue to create a culture that values the Word, Community, and Mission.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preach a majority of the time in the Sunday morning worship services.
- Planning of worship services with worship leader.
- Primary oversight in planning sermon series.
- Teach in other ministry venues: Men’s, ministry classes.
- Herald and model the C3 values of Word, Community, and Mission.
- Serve as an elder on a team composed of vocational and non-vocational elders.
- Disciple men in the church and help train up godly men.
- Counseling and Pastoral Care as needed along with other pastoral staff and elders.
- Network with other churches in A29: encouragement, support for church planting.
- Oversight of a Ministry Assistant who will assist the Lead Pastor administratively.
- Other Ministry oversight: dependent upon his gifts/heart.
- Be capable of leading C3 toward the next era of Church Planting and expansion.
- Character: A man who has a growing relationship with Jesus who is maturing and growing in his faith, a man who meets the requirements and characteristics of an elder from Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3.
- Education: The ideal candidate will have completed at least a Master’s degree from an accredited seminary.
- Ministry Experience: Ten years of full-time ministry experience is desirable. We prefer a man who has at least five years of full-time ministry experience in a teaching capacity at a like-minded church.
- Type of Communicator: We desire a man who is skilled at preaching expositionally through books of the Bible and teaches towards life transformation that is brought about by the Holy Spirit’s work. We are looking for a man who demonstrates the maturity to preach and shepherd with grace and truth.
- Strengths: We are looking for a candidate who is a gifted communicator of God’s word, the ability to serve as a team player on our staff and elder team, and the ability to relate well to people in our church body.
Download Lead Pastor - C3 Houston PDF Apply for Position