Resonate Church is a fast-growing, gospel-centered church that was planted in Fremont, Ca in the heart of the Bay Area. Planted just nine years ago with 30 people in a living room, Resonate has a weekly gathering of nearly 2,000 people in what is considered one of the most postmodern cities in the country. Singularly devoted to making disciples by making much of Jesus, Resonate is radically diverse in culture, ethnicity, and social-economic status. They are a member of both Acts 29 and EFCA and are radically committed to preaching the gospel and to church planting – both in the Bay Area and the world. Currently, they are looking for an Executive Pastor of Leadership to serve as a Chief of Staff over a fun, talented, and fully devoted staff.
Located on the southeast side of the San Francisco Bay, Fremont is the fourth largest city in the Bay Area. WalletHub awarded Fremont the honor of being “The Happiest City in America” in 2018 based on the criteria of physical well-being, income, employment, community, and safety. Located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, Fremont boasts of a rapidly growing economy, drawing some of the most talented people in the world to contribute to the culture of innovation, where Apple made its first Mac computers and is currently the home to Tesla. Fremont is also known for its extraordinary diversity and has the country’s largest Afghan population.
Celebrating the moderate climate, arts and culture, proximity to major universities, year-round outdoor and cultural activities, and being close to 3 international airports, Fremont is considered one of the finest metropolitan living. Above all is the tremendous opportunity to be a gospel presence in one of the most least-reached cities in the country.
The candidate will act as the Chief of Staff who will oversee the ministry leaders by:
- Providing pastoral leadership and leadership coaching to the staff team and high-level leaders to maximize their God-given abilities.
- Designing and maintaining systems to multiply and scale the mission of making disciples, while creating a culture of alignment, and fighting vision drift.
- Working with the Lead Pastor on setting staff culture, training staff, and other ministry leaders through the leadership pipeline.
- Being a high-level leader in their own right, able to inspire and catalyze the very best out of the rest of the team.
- Being both a leadership coach and systems mastermind that will empower Resonate into the next decade of ministry.
- Meet the qualifications and characteristics of an elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Be in full alignment with Resonate’s theology, vision, values, and philosophy of ministry
- Demonstrate a history of multiplying ministry, developing people and empowering young leaders.
- Experience leading powerfully from the second chair, with limited pulpit exposure but high levels of interaction with staff and top leaders.
- Be a self-aware, winsome, prudent, and courageous leader