Trinity West Seattle’s congregation is housed in a historic building that is seated at Seattle proper’s highest altitude. God has truly allowed them to be a light on a hill and has done so through many church families over the last 100 years. The current church family is a replant that started in 2015 from the former Mars Hill Church location. God’s provision and the church community’s resilience through that transition is a part of the story, but Trinity West Seattle is looking forward to where God is leading them. They are a non-denominational church and part of the Acts29 church planting network. On Sundays, there is an average of 225 adults and 80 kids. Trinity believes they exist to reflect God’s glory in everything. As God’s people, they are committed to sharing the good news of the Gospel (that God has sent his Son to save a people to himself), forming a redeemed Community, and then sending those people in the world to live on Mission.
Trinity is looking for their next Lead Pastor to preach the Gospel and cast a vision for cultivating mature community groups all over the city who are sent on mission to reflect God’s glory in all of life.
Almost one-fifth of Seattle’s total population resides in West Seattle. The area is home to some of the city’s most beautiful parks and a rich cultural heritage that includes live theater, five-star dining, a local weekly farmers market, and a thriving arts community. It is an urban gem in a naturally beautiful peninsula setting. West Seattle is famous for having that “small-town feeling,” which means that residents are involved and active! The people are known for being politically astute, environmentally conscious, and unabashedly proud of their community. The residential neighborhoods are both varied and distinctive, allowing people from all walks of life to live together, whether they love the city or the small-town feel. These communities do represent a variety of socioeconomic levels.
Trinity is in a strategic geographic location that allows it to minister to people with varied backgrounds and financial situations. Attenders range from upper middle class to those struggling to afford rising living expenses in the area. All of the neighborhoods offer fine schools, great shopping, green parks, and open spaces. There are many different types of schools including public, private, charter, and alternative. Finally, West Seattle is filled with views of snow-capped mountains and shining waterways that are simply spectacular by any standard. It is a melting pot of cultures and businesses creating a diverse yet interwoven tight-knit community. The city is characterized as a family-oriented community with a very liberal worldview where oftentimes being Christian is not considered a social asset.
Trinity West Seattle is looking for a lead pastor with the heart of a shepherd to function in a plurality of elders who mutually submit to one another as they all submit to Christ and will:
- Preach the Gospel in Seattle’s context, emphasizing both truth and grace
- Teach the whole Bible as God’s true story
- Lead the church into deeper intimacy with Jesus through individual and corporate prayer
- Be the chief disciple-maker to train and equip the church body to be disciples who make disciples
- Exemplify integrity and humility, including a deep belief in transformative transparency
- Focus on leadership development of staff, elders, and lay leaders to live out God’s call to display His glory in all of life.
- Model authentic community
- Cast a clear vision for the church in a compelling picture of what God desires for Trinity to be as a local expression of his church in West Seattle
- Develop and equip leaders including elders, staff, and key leaders
- Lead the church strategically in existing gospel partnerships
- Embody the character qualities and meet the requirements found in 1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, & 1 Peter 5:1-3
- Masters level in Theology, MDiv or equivalent experience
- Ability to teach the Bible as one story in the drama of Scripture of creation, fall, redemption and new creation
- Experience overseeing the growth of community groups and their leaders
- Ability to preach the Gospel winsomely in a way to impact mature Christians and compel non-believers to believe in Jesus
- Strong and proven leadership skills